The Facebook profile picture may be one of the most obsessed about photos of all time. It beat our Christmas cards, graduation pictures, and yearbook photos in terms of importance. To most people, their Facebook profile picture communicates who they are as a person. It is the photo everyone places the most value on due to the nature of how often it is seen.
Pixable is a photo discovery app which analyzed 500,000 profiles to find out some interesting statistics on Facebook profile pictures, which they have complied into this infographic.
The research found some interesting statistics:
- 10% of all Facebook photos were profile pictures.
- Women upload far more photos than men. In fact, women were found to update their profile picture every two weeks, where as men only did every three weeks.
- The changing of Facebook profile pictures also seems to increase every year. The number of profile photos per user per year has tripled since 2006.
- On average, a Facebook profile picture has two comments and three likes.
- The average person has 26 profile pics.
Leave a Reply